Sunday, April 5, 2009

holy irreverence

Like all other calendars, my calendar tells the future.

I have this little calendar that has witty mis-sayings, misprints, and
poorly worded advertisements. It's a page-a-day calendar, and the only
purpose it serves is for something to look at when I'm recording my
voicemail message at the office. It gives me both the date, and something to
smile about. After all, when I telemarketed, the mantra was "they can hear a
smile over the phone".

So today I tore off the previous page to reveal the following:

Friday April 8
FOR SALE: Solid oak funeral handmade casket in good condition. Truly a work of fine craftsmanship. Has its own hand-rubbed beauty as the graining and only used once. Affordable for everyone.

I suppose the intended humor is the "only used once". But kinda spooky for this to appear on the day of the Pope's funeral.

..........................................................................................................................................

On another note... does it not seem strange that there's "a cross and an M for the Madonna" on the casket? Looks to me they were trademarking the casket.

No comments:

Post a Comment